Saturday, February 13, 2016

Team Member Spotlight: Say hello to our intern Julie :)

IL Imagines Chicago Team Member Profile

Team member name: Julie Parikh
Position:  Intern
Agency/Program: YWCA
Member since: December 2015

Member Bio:
I am 22 years old and I am from Plainfield, IL. I am currently finishing my undergraduate studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I will be graduating with a B.A. in Applied Psychology with a minor in Criminology, Law, and Justice. I am a Resident Assistant at UIC and enjoy creating social programs for my residents. My goal is to attain a Masters in Social Work and to continue advocacy work in Chicago.

Quote:
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

Why I joined IL Imagines.
My goal is to work to promote future changes in the system to help those that may not be able to advocate for themselves. I stand by IL Imagines message that advocates can not only just help survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault, but can make a lasting change in our community.

Fun Fact:

My favorite color is purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment