Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Team Member Spotlight: Meet our new Co-Chair, Jessica Silber

IL IMAGINES CHICAGO 
TEAM MEMBER SPOTLIGHT


Team member name: Jessica Silber
Position:  Director of Home Based & Intake Services
Agency/Program: UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago
Member since: 2014


Member Bio: 
Jessica received her dual bachelor’s degree in Criminal/Social Justice and Psychology from Lewis University.  Jessica has 10 years of experience working with children and adults diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities.  Through her work she has done direct care, group home management, program coordination, case management, respite and admissions. In addition, Jessica is guardian for a young woman with a disability who lives with her . . . and is like family to her.  


Quote:
 “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” -Maya Angelou  


Why I joined IL Imagines. 
 I used to volunteer with an organization when I was in high school that advocated for the prevention of sexual assault and domestic violence among young adults. I loved volunteering with them. A few years ago I worked with an individual who was assaulted and realized the agency I worked at had no procedures in place and that some had difficulty assisting her. I then went to a presentation by one of the Illinois Imagines Members and really wanted to get involved after that.


Fun Fact:  
My initials are the first three letters of my name. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I can ever go back to any other place, after an experience like this. This Chicago event space is appropriate in a space that lends so much gravitas to events. The design is sharp and environment is unbelievably good.

    ReplyDelete